December 2009 - Archive
- Merry Christmas from Thunderstone Software
- Marzipan Recipe
- Quote of the Month
- Subscription/Unsubscription and Contacts
Thundersone Software wishes everyone a most joyful holiday, and we would like to extend our special gratitude to the many long-time and new customers who have kept our Thunderstone Professional Services staff very busy this year with your enterprise search-related development, consulting and training projects. We highly value our ever-growing number of productive and friendly working relationships, and we sincerely look forward to more opportunities to serve you in 2010 and beyond.
This recipe could be used as part of a 12-course meal known in Polish as Wigilia, or on its own. Wigilia is eaten after sundown on Christmas Eve.
Makes 2 lbs
- 1 lb blanched almonds, finely ground
- 1 lb powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- 2 Tbsp orange water or rose water (Can be obtained from your local drugstore)
- food colouring and decorations
- Combine ground almonds, sugar and flavouring in a saucepan. Cook until mixture leaves side of pan.
- Roll almond mixture on a flat surface to a 1/2 -inch thickness. Cut into shapes, mold, paint with food colouring, decorate, etc.
- Place on wax paper to dry for 2 hours.
Time: 1/2 hour plus time to decorate.
Precision: Approximate measurement OK.
Looking for more Christmas recipes? See http://www.thunderstone.com/texis/site/demos/recipe/search.html.
"I just wanted to drop you a quick note to thank you for helping us successfuly implement our 2009 Sleigh-Ready Process Improvement Initiative here at the North Pole. As you know, speed and accuracy have always presented unique challenges in creating and twice-checking Santa's official Naughty & Nice List. This year everything went off smoothly and without a hitch, now that we've deployed the Thunderstone Texis Catalog Solution. Your eCommerce Search Engine easily handled all our important search parameters, including rapidly-changing information from that formerly troublesome Coal-Lump-Recipient Database. Thanks again for your awesome, customer-centric approach to helping us make the season bright."
Lead Knowledge Architect
& Personal Assistant to the Chief Elf
Distribution Center at Santa's Workshop
Feedback, suggestions and questions are welcome. Send your email to