New features include
- Meta search profile biasing
- In a meta (federated) search each profile can be given a weight for additional control over the output to favor certain backend profiles.
- Canonical URL support
- The crawler will now respect link rel="canonical" headers to index the canonical form of the URL.
- HTTPS/SSL Cipher support
- More flexibility in specifying supported ciphers to let you balance security and older browser support.
- Reject Rules always honored
- Reject rules will now always be honored, so pages will be removed from the index on a refresh if they rules now exclude them, and robots.txt rules that block the base URL will still be kept.
- Faceted search counts
- Faceted search counts improved when estimated due to large number of results.
- Other fixes
- Miscellaneous other bug fixes and enhancements to the crawl and search interfaces.
Search Appliance Version 18 is available to all Search Appliance and Parametric Search Appliance customers who have a current maintenance plan by following the menu System / System Setup / Update Software.
Webinator Version 18 is available to all Webinator customers who have a current maintenance plan by contacting Thunderstone.
For 35 years Thunderstone Software has been dedicated to providing the best search solutions possible to government, corporate, and non-profit customers, with exceptional service and devotion to finding the right solution for the customer.
For further information call +1 216-820-2200, visit www.thunderstone.com.