CLEVELAND, OH, February 1, 2016 — Improving the quality of search for intranet, public facing websites and aggregator sites -- Thunderstone Search Appliance and Webinator Version 16 is here.
New crawl features include
- Additional authorization options
- If you have websites that require user authentication, the latest version of the Search Appliance and Webinator include support for:
- Central Authentication Service (CAS): These form-based logins may now be crawled simply with a user name and password, without needing to create custom authentication rules.
- Negotiate Kerberos option authentication is now supported for crawls.
- Simplified crawl configuration
- In addition to CAS, version 16 also adds support for:
- Sitemaps allowing easier crawling of sites where URLs are not easily determined from a crawl.
- XML/XSL site support by applying stylesheets to sites that deliver content via XML and XSL instead of HTML; the searchable text is better identified.
- Proxy Auto-config (PAC) file support which makes it easier to index and crawl enterprises composed of different networks with varying proxy rules: the same config files used by browsers may now be used at crawl time.
- The Ajax crawlable URL scheme from Google is supported, allowing Ajax based dynamic sites that support it to be crawled and indexed more effectively.
- Additional fixes and enhancements
- In addition improvements have been made to the administrative interface as well as some file-format processing.
Search Appliance Version 16 is available to all Search Appliance and Parametric Search Appliance customers who have a current maintenance plan by following the menu System / System Setup / Update Software.
Webinator Version 16 is available to all Webinator customers who have a current maintenance plan by contacting Thunderstone.
For 34 years Thunderstone Software has been dedicated to providing the best search solutions possible to government, corporate, and non-profit customers, with exceptional service and devotion to finding the right solution for the customer.
For further information call +1 216-820-2200, visit www.thunderstone.com.