Fill in all fields of the form below, Read the license and warranty information, then hit submit. The proper version of the software for your machine will be made available to you immediately.
Before considering indexing sites other than your own, we strongly urge that you read the contents of Martijn Koster's robot discussion.
- The Webinator binaries are available for the following platforms (hover over choices for more info):
- Linux x86_64 64-bit: The Linux 2.6 x86_64 64-bit version is built with libc6 (aka glibc 2.3.4) on CentOS release 4.2. It requires an x86_64 kernel. It supports 64-bit files (>2 GB) and 64-bit memory, and runs on newer CentOS and RedHat versions, Fedora Core as well as other Linux distributions. It will not run on 32-bit x86 operating systems.
- Linux x86 32-bit: The Linux 2.6 x86 32-bit version is built with libc6 (aka glibc 2.3) on CentOS 4.4 (RedHat EL 4 equivalent). It requires at least kernel 2.6.9 and libc 2.3.4. It supports 64 bit files (>2 GB). It runs on newer CentOS and RedHat versions, Fedora Core as well as other Linux distributions.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 and later 64-bit:The Windows version will not work on Windows versions prior to Windows Server 2008 64-bit.
- Other platforms may become available based on demand. Send us a request if you do not see yours, maybe we'll have it soon.
- The free Webinator must have direct Internet access to ls.thunderstone.com on port 80 to run. (That may seem obvious, but some organizations have internal webs behind firewalls and proxies that block outbound port 80.) The Webinator checks with Thunderstone to validate its license.
- We strongly urge you to be polite when indexing other people's Web servers. Like any web crawler, the Webinator can be abusive if mis-handled.
- You must submit a registration form for each machine that will run the software. If you have purchased and installed a full Texis distribution, do not install this package onto the same machine. You may install it on a different machine. To use Webinator on an existing Texis installation, use the Webinator scripts that came with it (or contact tech support for updates) — they contain more functionality than the Free Webinator scripts.
- This version of Webinator creates indexes that should not be accessed or modified by version 5 or earlier, if the data contains Unicode/international/hi-bit characters. Register and download the Free Webinator here
This software and its documentation are the property of EPI. Upon submission of this form EPI grants the applying organization license to use this software without fee for an unspecified period. This license may not be transferred or sold in any way without the written consent of EPI. EPI may revoke this license at any time without reason or notice.
Limited Warranty and Disclaimer of Warranty
This software and accompanying written materials (including instructions for use) are provides "as is" without warranty of any kind. Further, EPI, Inc.(EPI) does not warrant, guarantee, or make any representations regarding the use, or the results of use, of the software or written materials in terms of correctness, accuracy, reliability, currentness, or otherwise. The entire risk as to the results and performance of the software is assumed by you. If the software or written materials are defective you, and not EPI or its dealers, distributors, agents, or employees, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction.
The above is the only warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, that is made by EPI, on this EPI product. No oral or written information or advice given by EPI, its dealers, distributors, agents or employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty and you may not rely on any such information or advice. You may have other rights which vary from state to state.
Neither EPI nor anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production or delivery of this product shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages (including damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, and the like) arising out of the use or inability to use such product even if EPI has been advised of the possibility of such damages.This limited warranty shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Ohio.
ACCEPTABLE USE of LICENSED PROGRAM
The general purpose of the Licensed Program is to create and provide access to searchable indexes of textual materials which are accessible via Internet Web Servers. During indexing the Licensed Program will access documents via the HTTP/1.1 protocol. After acquisition and indexing the Licensed Program will provide a search interface to the index through an HTTP server. You may use the Licensed Program in a manner consistent with its general purpose pursuant to the following limits of Acceptable Use:
Client modifications to the Licensed Program's search interface may be made to improve styling compatibility with respect to the rest of the Client's Web Server.
Ancillary functionality may be added by the Client to increase the efficacy of the Licensed Program's search interface with respect to the rest of the Client's Web Server.
No modification or added ancillary functionality may be made by the Client which would have the effect of increasing the scope of the Licensed Program beyond its intended general purpose.
The Licensed Program may not be used to index textual data referenced by or residing in any third party relational database owned, managed, or controlled by the Client unless the sum of textual data from third party database amounts to no more than than thirty percent of any index created by the Licensed Program.
The Licensed Program may not be used in any manner which would enhance or supplant the capabilities of any third party database program.
The Licensed Program must serve as a supportive entity on the Client's Web Site as opposed to the primary function or purpose of the Client's Web Site.
The information provided on this form is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I have read the license and warranty information and agree to its contents.